~Shared by Cara Stokowski
Though the February Pocono weather is still chilly, make no mistake about it- Cupid is on the loose, and the fires of love (both new and re-kindled) will soon be warming the air! Yes, tale as old as time, Valentine’s Day is right around the corner. And undoubtedly, along with the exchange of tons of candy and mounds of flowers, a few golden rings will likely be presented along with the biggest and most important question that one could ever ask… “Will you marry me?”
If that does happen (or already has!) then I extend to you the warmest of CONGRATULATIONS! As a Woodloch Wedding Coordinator, I have the pleasure of working with dozens of couples as they start their new lives together. Along the way, I have noticed a few trends that are setting the wedding world ablaze, and I’d like to share with you with ten of the hottest wedding trends for 2013!
- Mint is the top color choice for 2013! Huge on the runway, this refreshing color is making its way into weddings. Incorporate it into dresses, shoes, jewelry, centerpieces, cake, invitations, décor and more!
- Non-white wedding dresses are sweeping the nation!! Not only ivory, but pastels like pink, baby blue, lavender, and mint green are rapidly entering the bridal dress market.
- You are already the belle of the ball, so why not enter your wedding Cinderella style? Make a statement while arriving via horse and carriage ride!
- Get stylish with seating! Stray away from the simple escort cards and get creative with your seating plan. Think outside the box- use old windows, chalkboard paint, shutters, clothlines, at rocks, wine corks/bottles, and more!
- Feathers are back and not going away!!! Feathers have been slowly entering the wedding word in the past year, and this unique trend is growing rapidly! Incorporate brightly colored feathers into centerpieces, or simply skip owers all together and carry beautiful bountiful feather bouquets.
- We all need to take a break from the dance floor sooner or later. Create a lounge corner in your reception room for guests to relax and mingle without leaving the room. You can even use LED or posh-looking furniture to match the look of the wedding!
- Add some grace with a little bit of lace! Soften up any look and add a little bit of class by using lace for your tables, your bouquets and whatever your heart desires!
- Rainbow Weddings! Why choose just one or two colors when there are so many? Incorporate a whole color pallet, and have alternate place settings, various bridesmaids’ colors, and evenmix and match accessories and shoes. Whether you want bright and bold or soft and light, the colors and possibilities are endless!
Why not add a little convenience and look cute at the same time? Dresses with pockets are every woman’s dream! Pockets are making an appearance in more and more bridesmaid’s dresses and girls everywhere are thrilled.
MOST IMPORTANTLY– make your day YOU! Why not let your personality shine throughout every element of your wedding? Be bold and make it the day you’ve always dreamed of! Whether you are ready to take the plunge or just mulling over some ideas, we wish you the best of luck!