7 Reasons for a Lakeside Family Vacation!
Beaches are beautiful, Europe is jam-packed with culture, and amusement parks as always- well, amusing. But when it comes to family travel and truly reconnecting with those you love most, you’d be hard pressed to find a better destination than a lakeside in the wilderness. In fact, after months of research and deliberation with our travel expert colleagues, we’ve compiled a list of 7 reasons why lakeside vacations are the best for families!
- They’re the perfect hiding space from REALITY. Take that exit off the interstate and take a chance down a scenic and windy country road- it’s your best chance to escape from the real world! Work, clubs, extracurricular activities, sports etc. will all be there when you return- they can take a break for a few days as well. Forget responsibilities for just a few days and viva la vida.
- It’s just the place to reunite. Mom, Dad, Grandma and Grandpa, all your cousins and even that uncle you’ve only heard stories about will all find a way to enjoy the lake. Not only that… you just might find that generations will enjoy each other’s company for some true bonding time!
- #Throwback. Way back before we had cell phones, iPads and all sorts of fancy Nintendos, your best times were truly unplugged! Activities like trivia, Olympics and even regular old BINGO will do nothing but good for those Millennials and Generation Z.
- THE GREAT OUTDOORS! Speaking of which, there are dozens and dozens of ways to enjoy that which Mother Nature has already provided us! Swimming, ice skating, fishing, boating and even just observing animals in the wild are good for the mind, body and soul.
- The simple pleasures. Morning strolls. Coffee on the porch. Maybe a little bit of yoga on a dock. Couple those sorts of activities with the sights, smells and sounds of a lake for a surreal experience that will refresh you inside and out.
- Romance. It’s easy enough to sneak away from the group for a little bit of alone time if needed! With little private spots tucked around every corner, be sure to enjoy a sunset, late night cocktail, spa treatment or just do some stargazing in crystal clear skies with your special someone!
- The photo ops. The picturesque quiet blue in the middle of the woods is breathtaking and refreshing. Immerse yourself in a pristine new color palette. Whether you’re snapping selfies with your phone or going all out with a state of the art professional camera, you’re going to find beauty! Capture it and take it with you until your next trip!