A Taste of Woodloch: Pasta Bolognese
Woodloch’s Pasta Bolognese features a delicious combination of prima porta sausage enriched by pancetta, or bacon if you prefer.
(recipe for 4-6 people)
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup diced carrots
- ½ pound bacon diced or pancetta
- 4 oz white wine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 Tablespoon tomato paste
- 12 oz marinara sauce
- 4 oz grated parmesan
- Pinch of oregano and thyme
- 1-1 ½ pound of prima porta sausage
- Garnish with fresh basil & cheese of choice
(mozzarella, parmesan, asiago, ricotta)
- Cook sausage in a large sauce pan or rondeau, drain off grease and set aside.
- Crisp bacon/pancetta in pan on low heat. Once crisp, pull bacon out, set aside, and leave bacon grease in pan.
- Sautee onion, celery, carrots in bacon grease until tender. Put bacon and sausage back in pan. Then add tomato paste and simmer on low until slightly darkened. Remember to constantly stir during the process.
- Then add white wine and stir until combined then add heavy cream, thyme, oregano, grated parmesan, and marinara. Simmer on low for a few extra minutes.
- While the Bolognese is simmering on low, cook your favorite pasta and top it with the sauce or toss both together. Then garnish and enjoy!
Let us know if you give one of these recipes a try by taking a photo and tagging us on social media with the hashtag #ATasteOfWoodloch or #WoodlochAtHome