Very few places near the eastern seaboard offer the serene tranquility one can find in the Poconos Mountains. As much as we pride ourselves on providing friends and families with the ultimate vacation spot, Woodloch Resort also has one of the nation’s best corporate retreat venues. We customize vacations for hundreds of families a year, so we’re more than capable of helping you plan and create the ultimate team-building experience for you and your squad. With sizable meeting areas, immersive activities, and an abundance of relaxation, our Poconos resort is poised to deliver a meaningful and memorable experience for all in attendance.
Team Building Activities and Packages
One of the best ways to foster camaraderie is to have them collectively engage in an extraordinary experience. With its expansive woodlands and sparkling lakes, the Poconos Mountains lend themselves to create the perfect environment conducive to relaxation, exploration, and team building. The important thing is to help your teammates feel like they are on vacation rather than on a business trip. Be sure to check out our team building page for more details. Here are some of our favorites:
- Woodloch’s Scavenger Hunt will challenge your crew to find as many items on “our most wanted list” while striving to achieve the “big bonus.” Solving riddles and completing puzzles will engage your team and promote bonding.
- Beer Marketing Challenge is a fictional scenario in which your CEO has purchased a failing brewery. Your team has been chosen to produce a new beverage that can lift the failing subsidiary out of the ashes of obscurity.
- Archery tag is basically the game of dodgeball with foam-tipped arrows. Instead of throwing balls at each other, you’ll be trying to hit targets attached to the other team. This action-packed event is ideal for a friendly competition.
- Boat Building is arguably the most unique team-building activity offered during a corporate retreat. Your team will have 45 minutes to brainstorm, design, and construct a cardboard boat. Each crew will be judged based on the boat’s buoyancy, team enthusiasm, creativity, and functionality. Afterward, a friendly boat race will determine the most dominant engineering team.
- Can-struction is a charitable team-building activity that tasks you and your cohorts with fashioning various buildings, bridges, and other structures using only perishable food cans and boxes. What’s more, every package or can of food used in the event will be donated to the local food bank.
Reboot, Relax and Rejuvenate in the Poconos Mountains
Team building activities aren’t always about competition. In fact, some of the best ways to promote cooperation are to take a step back from all the paperwork and meetings and simply spend time with each other. Whether it’s a day of golf at Woodloch Springs or getting groovy in a drum circle, the possibilities are endless! Be sure to check out some of our less competitive activities for fostering growth and connectivity throughout your team.
Easily the Best Poconos Resort for a Corporate Retreat
Whether the objective is to build camaraderie, boost morale, or show your appreciation, Woodloch Resort is here to provide an ideal corporate retreat venue. With three distinct properties within a two-mile radius catering to all levels to meet the demands of a dynamic work environment, choosing to have your corporate retreat at Woodloch might be the easiest business decision you make all year. Located in Hawley, Pennsylvania, a short road trip from many major metropolitan areas, we cordially invite you to find out what we can do for your crew. Call 800-453-8263 and select option #3 to learn more.