While family bonding is a natural integral aspect for us all, no two families are the same. Mastering a healthy home and work balance takes years, sometimes decades, of practice. Bonding as a family unit often takes a backseat to individual sports, work deadlines, and school projects. To make matters even more complex, many families have kids in nearly every age group—from teens to toddlers. Thus, family-focused vacationing has evolved into a crucial practice for large families. Woodloch, a multigenerational family-owned and operated business, knows the importance of incorporating a bevy of family bonding activities while vacationing. Thus, we’ve pieced together 10 unique ways to bond this winter here at the number one family resort in the country, according to USA Today.
10 Wintry, Festive Family Bonding Activities
At Woodloch, on any given day, lucky guests can partake in 30-plus, homegrown, family bonding activities, ranging from “Trebek-ardy” (a Jeopardy spin-off) to The Amazing Race and extreme paintball. In the wintertime, we embrace the snowy, frosty landscape by constructing a blazing-fast snow hill and crafting a lake-top ice skating rink, among many other things. Woodloch has a splendid mix of indoor and outdoor pursuits during core hours so that guests will always have a place to thaw while simultaneously having loads of fun.
- Go for gold at the Winter Olympics, a family-focused, six-event extravaganza that would make Lindsay Vonn, Shaun White, and Mikaela Shiffrin proud.
- Blast down Woodloch’s famous snow tubing hill, perfect for adventurous parent-kiddo tandems!
- Lace ‘em up! Channel your inner Dorothy Hamill or Scott Hamilton on Lake Teeduskung’s natural ice skating rink. Or, utilize the synthetic, four-season ice sheet to work on that Zdeno Chara slapshot.
- Gather for a family-style dinner where the littlest ones can learn essential skills, such as sharing, table manners, and healthy food groups. Oh, and the edibles here at Woodloch are nothing short of delicioso!
- Embark on a scavenger hunt that will challenge your wits and stamina.
- Crash into each other in our spacious bumper car facility—giggles will assuredly ensue.
- Start a (baking) war. Woodloch is known for its cupcake wars, but we also offer many seasonally-inspired cooking contents, such as the “Gingerbread Wars.”
- Test your knowledge via a trivia conquest, such as the “Brain Quest,” “Cash Cab,” “Survey Says,” or the classic Woodloch Feud.
- Outsmart a themed escape room as a family unit. This winter’s theme is “Get a Clue.”
- Explore our 1,200-acre campus on a powdery, reflective snowshoeing excursion.
The Best Family Bonding Vacations: Welcome to Woodloch!
Because Woodloch is magnificently situated in the heart of the Pocono Mountains, only two hours from Manhattan, we’ve grown into an elite family bonding vacation destination, even amid winter’s snowy hearth. An all-inclusive stay includes two (or three) meals daily, comfortable accommodations, countless on-site activities, and live entertainment. Please read through the extensive Woodloch Wellness Standard before your arrival. It’s our collaborative goal to “Resort Responsibly.” And, as we near Santa’s arrival, remember to browse through our seasonal packages.