While it may seem premature with so much snow everywhere, it will only be a matter of weeks until people should start planning their Poconos summer vacations. Now, we’re not asking that you get everything together at once, only to stare at your luggage for the next four months. However, we implore you to start thinking about things to do in the Poconos and jot them down. Before you know it, you’ll have a pretty good idea of what you want to see and experience. And from there, you’ll start realizing what items to include in your travel packing list. It never feels very daunting when you initially think about it, but time flies, and before you know it, your trip will happen in a matter of days.
A Travel Packing List to Make Life Easier
People come to the Pocono Mountains to escape daily life stresses while reaffirming their appreciation for simplicity and nature. The last thing you want is to be wondering if you have everything you need or find yourself rummaging through unnecessary items as you get ready for your next outing! With so many things to do at Woodloch Resort, it’s easy to understand why many people wait until the final hours to complete their travel packing list. To help you regain focus and start thinking about the finer details, we’d like to share a few items to bring with you for a Poconos summer vacation at Woodloch. You can check out a more in-depth seasonal travel packing list that includes what not to bring by clicking here.
- Flip flops and swimsuits are ideal all year round, thanks to our indoor swimming facilities and Splash Zone, but they’re also handy on the beach!
- Having various clothing types is vital because while mornings can be brisk, mid to late afternoon will be much warmer. Having layers will allow you to adjust when you’re feeling uncomfortable.
- Shoes appropriate for competitive sporting events, hiking, and dancing.
- Business casual attire is required for Theme Night and dining room meals. You may want to consider at least one formal outfit for an elegant family photo!
- Play clothes for when you know you’ll be getting a little messy from paintball, archery tag, Double Dare, and Cake Wars!
- When it comes to fishing and golf, we find most guests prefer to bring their own equipment. Personal rods, tackle, and clubs can be used when enjoying the nearby golf course and on-site lake, so we encourage you to bring yours!
- Cameras, memory cards, and batteries are crucial for capturing endearing and intimate family moments.
- Coolers are great for those long days of fun and games when you’d rather have a quick snack than a full meal.
A Poconos Family Resort in Hawley, Pennsylvania
Whether you decide to stay at the main resort or take advantage of our Poconos house rentals, having your travel packing list in order is one of the first things you should do. The bottom line is that you and your family are coming here to have fun, not headaches. And as much effort as it takes to have a successful family vacation, it only reinforces the notion that nothing worth having is easy to obtain. So do yourself and your family a favor — save yourselves from planning kerfuffles, and let us take care of the rest. For more information, visit us online, and check out our frequently asked questions page.