No matter what time of the year you plan to visit Woodloch Resort, there is always the possibility of inclement weather. With over 1,200 acres and more than 60 years of service, we’ve learned a thing or two about having a backup plan. And as beautiful and inviting as the surrounding area is, we’ve seen our fair share of rainy days. However, two things remain constant, the sun comes back eventually, and there will always be a bevy of exciting and enriching rainy day activities at Woodloch! Given our status as a four-season resort, there’s no reason you can’t enjoy a Poconos vacation when it’s raining! Below we’ll share some of our favorite rainy day activities that you may find yourself doing even when the sun is out!
5 Fun Things to Do on Vacation When It Rains at Woodloch
While some all-inclusive resorts in Pennsylvania may worry about their patrons getting rained out, Woodloch has a whole gamut of rainy day activities for indoor entertainment at the ready! When you spend as much time outdoors as our social directors, you develop an innate sense of the atmosphere. If the daily report calls for inclement weather, you’ll have a new itinerary faster than you can say downpour. Here are five of our favorites:
- Indoor Splash Zone – Find out what it means to make a splash at Woodloch by taking a ride on the “double corkscrew” super slide. As much as the kids will love the Indoor Splash Zone, adults too will have plenty of fun.
- Ice Skating & Hockey – Yes, you read that right. Thanks to our four-season, synthetic ice rink, winter enthusiasts can enjoy some of their favorite “ice-capades” without having to stop for a Zamboni machine.
- Escape Rooms – Just because it’s raining doesn’t mean you can’t have an adventure! Our escape rooms give you 60 minutes to solve your way out using a series of clues. Because we like to keep things fresh, we have a dynamic assortment of escape rooms that we switch out every so often.
- Mini Bowling – So, we couldn’t fit an entire bowling alley in, but you can still have a lot of fun with this fully automated pint-sized version. Using your entire hand, you’ll roll a single weight ball down a slightly narrower and shorter lane in an attempt to “knock down” hanging pins. Scores are tracked digitally, so you don’t have to worry about filling out a sheet!
- Art Classes – One of our more relaxing rainy day activities, art classes offer guests a chance to unlock their creativity and perhaps discover a new passion for drawing.
All-Inclusive Resorts in Pennsylvania
Having to deal with rain isn’t usually how you envision your vacation during planning. Still, we’re confident you can find some appealing rainy day activities on the list we shared. If not, then you can check out our things to do page for more inspiration! One of the reasons families come to Woodloch Resort is they know there is always something to do. Whether it’s enjoying nice weather or making the most of what Mother Nature throws at you, there is never a dull moment at Woodloch. For more information, please continue to browse our website or call 800-966-3562 today.