~ shared by J. Ranner
“My mother had a great deal of trouble with me… but I think she enjoyed it.”
– Mark Twain
I think I speak for a lot of people when I say that my mom is and always will be a huge influence on my life. Through all the ups and downs, she always found a way to be there for me (and in my case, 5 other brothers and sisters).
- 11th hour assistance with school projects? Mom’s got you covered.
- Working over a hot stove in a June heatwave just so I can have my favorite birthday dinner? Mom strikes again.
- Consoling you through breakups and telling you that you’re way too bright and handsome for that girl anyways? Yup, she’s there.
In all honesty, I’ve completely lost track of how many times my mom has shown her love and support unconditionally. And I have a feeling that many of us are in the same boat.
So the question must be asked– how could one ever possibly repay the woman that has given so much – the gift of life included? Simply stated, we don’t. Because we can’t. The gifts that a mother gives us are done so seeking absolutely nothing in return. Moms do things for us out of their instinctively loving nature.
But… we can still try.
So, for those of us who still seem to have trouble remembering dates like birthday and anniversaries (you know who you are), we’ll provide you with a little bit of help. Mother’s Day this year falls on May 8th, 2016. Despite the heads up, I know that this will most likely still sneak up on some of you. And I really don’t want to see any of you show up emptyhanded at mom’s porch.
So, we might just have a solution for you: why not treat mom to a little bit of Woodloch this Mother’s Day? You know you’ve made lists to her before, like “Reasons Why I Need More Allowance”– so maybe our little list will speak to you the same way!
REASONS WHY MOTHER’S DAY WEEKEND AT WOODLOCH IS A GREAT IDEA
- Discount Double Check! All moms out there- including grandmothers, great grandmothers and beyond all receive a $200 discount on their stay. That’s our way of saying “thank you for keeping your kids in line all these years. You the real MVP.”
- It’s SPRING time! And that means lots of great things happening outside among all the blossoming trees and flowers! Whether she’s feeling adventurous and wants to fly down our zipline or prefers a nice lounge chair by the lake, mom will be thrilled to be outside.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner… all taken care of. We aren’t all gourmet chefs (the fire department knows many of us as “regulars”), but even if you are, take a breather and have all of your meals right here at Woodloch.
- Your kids will be happy- and visa vi, so will she. If the little guys are content, mom can breathe easy. We are very honored to have a Grammy-winning children’s musician joining us! Tim Kubart from Sprout TV will be on hand to give special performances throughout the weekend. His band, Tim and the Space Cadets, have sold out Music Hall in Williamsburg and headlined the Lollapalooza family stage. HIs textured pop tunes lyrically bridge the gap between innocence and wisdom.
- Mom can pamper herself. We’ve got a world class spa right down the road from us… she’d probably love to check it out. Discounted treatments are available at The Lodge at Woodloch– I would bet she’ll love it there. Not her cup of tea? Woodloch will also be hosting our first “Trunk Show”– complete with jewelry making, homemade gifts and trinkets. And if your mom just can’t get enough time on the links… she gets to golf for FREE this weekend!
Because you need a gift. Mom has all of the plants, afghan blankets and macaroni cards that she’ll ever need. What she really treasures is time with her kids. And that’s exactly what you sign up for with a Woodloch vacation… fun times with the people who matter most! Whether you’re running around in a frenzy during our Bakery Wars or simply enjoying a peaceful paddleboat ride, the opportunities to unwind and bond with mom are around every corner here!
So take a moment right now and think back to all of the times that mom was there for you- you’ll most likely lose count. Why not take this opportunity to give her a truly memorable Mother’s Day Weekend? She’ll treasure it forever… because it came from YOU!