A Taste of Woodloch: Trendy Holiday Recipes!
This time of year at Woodloch is a special one indeed, as we warmly celebrate the season that brings family and friends together! In fact, we were lucky enough to have Chef George from our Woodloch Pines kitchen, share some ideas to help inspire your wintry festive meal!
Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Brie & Turkey Bacon
2 lbs Brussels Sprouts-halved and trimmed
1 oz Olive Oil
6 slices of Turkey Bacon-chopped
4 oz Creamy Melted Brie
1 oz Pomegranate Seeds
Salt and Pepper to taste
TO MAKE MELTED BRIE:
8 oz creamy brie cheese
¼ cup water
Mix well while heating over a slow flame
1. Toss Brussels sprouts with olive oil, salt and pepper. Spread out evenly onto a lined baking sheet and roast at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, pull out the tray, and mix in the chopped turkey bacon. Place back into the oven for 10 more minutes.
2. Check that the brussels are tender, and empty into a serving pan
3. Pour the melted brie cheese over the brussels and garnish with the pomegranate seeds.
Honey Lemon Thyme Carrots
1 lb Carrots-peeled
2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
¼ cup Honey
1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
6 Sprigs Lemon Thyme
Sea Salt and Cracked Black Pepper
Toasted Pumpkin Seeds
1. Preheat oven 400°F. Place the carrots on a large baking tray with the oil, honey, lemon juice, thyme, salt and pepper and toss to combine.
2. Roast for 30 minutes or until the carrots are tender. Garnish with pumpkin
We would love to see your Taste of Woodloch creations! When you make one of these dishes, take a photo and tag us on social media with the hashtag #ATasteOfWoodloch.