Ahh, yes. A delicious breakfast treat that can also be enjoyed during brunch, lunch, dinner (which I cal “Brinner”) and dessert. Before you begin, you will need a griddle set to 325°, Pam spray, a measuring cup, mixing bowl, spatula and ladle.
2 tbsp. salted butter
1 onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
8 cups low sodium chicken broth
3 tbsp. pesto with basil
1 package (20 oz) cheese tortellini
Salt and pepper to taste
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
2 cups baby spinach
2 cans white beans (14.5 oz)
1 can diced tomatoes (14.5 oz)
Grated Parmesan for garnish
1. Heat butter over medium/high heat in a large Dutch oven or stock pot. Add in the diced onion and cook 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic and saute for 30 seconds until the garlic and onion are translucent and fragrant.
2. Add the chicken broth, pesto, and tomatoes. Stir to combine.
3. Bring soup to a boil and then reduce heat to low, stirring in tortellini.
4. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Set to simmer and cook for approximately 7 minutes or until the trortellini is al dente.
6. Stir in the cooked chicken, spinach and white beans.
7. Stir to combine and allow to simmer until the spinach is wilted to your liking.
8. Garnish with parmesan and serve!