6. Simple and romantic. Call it an early day at the office, and head home early. Be your best romantic self- we are talking dressing up, using rose petals, lighting lots of candles, photo galleries and maybe a little Lionel Richie playing on Alexa. You’re in your own controlled environment where you should be 100% comfortable- and your honey will just melt.
7. “The Freeze Frame.” Ever experience something that sort of took your breath away? Double that feeling by taking that moment to propose. Skydiving. Riding in a Hot Air Balloon. Rowing through Venice, Italy. Seize the moment and make it exponentially better by popping the question! BONUS: consider hiring a photographer to capture that “WOW” moment. 99.7% guaranteed you’ll be glad that you did!
8. The Photo Session. Speaking of photographers, why not use one as a cover operation? Tell a little white lie and say that you’ve won a free couple’s photo session. Midsession, pull the ring out of our pocket and allow the photographer to catch it all on film. (Then, promptly pay the photographer for a job well-done!)
9. When they’re “the missing piece,” try “spelling it out.” Maybe the two of you enjoy a good jigsaw puzzle. Custom puzzles can be made online through multiple sources (including Shutterfly), so put your message onto the puzzle, then watch as your sweetie pies eyes light up in anticipation as they piece together “WILL YOU MARRY ME.” More of a board game aficionado? Do it all with games like Scrabble or Boggle!
10. Say it with food. It’s been said that the quickest way to someone’s heart is through their stomach. Why quit a winner? Dining experiences can be a fun and surprising way to spring the question. Maybe drop the ring in a fancy glass of champagne at a 5-star Restaurant, front and center mixed in with a traditional heart shaped box of chocolates, or at the bottom of a Cracker Jack box. Just be sure they get their ring BEFORE they accidentally ingest it!