Top 8 Reasons We’re the #1 Family Resort in North America
If you’ve ever taken a peek at our online “trophy case,” you’ll recall that we’ve been named the best family resort in North America. We didn’t earn our awards and accolades overnight. The secret to our success is a tried and true 60-year-old recipe that our dedicated staff here at Woodloch Resort embodies day in and day out. So much skill, preparation, and energy go into becoming one of the best family resorts in the world. We keep growing, building, and enhancing the overall experience here at Woodloch in an effort to help families create everlasting memories.
- On-Site Homegrown Activities – Not only do we offer over 30 complimentary on-site activities, but we’ve developed our own events, adventures, and games. Some of our most unique activities include: forest bathing, bakery wars, archery tag, and our famous Olympics.
- Live Entertainment – Sometimes there’s nothing better than just sitting back and enjoying a fun-filled evening of live entertainment after a full day of excitement, exploration, and family-style dining. Our comedians, musicians, and performers help us remain one of the best family resorts in the world.
- Lake Teedyuskung – We wouldn’t be a four-season paradise without an on-site lake, perfect for water skiing, boating, swimming, and sunbathing. Lake Teedyuskung is also utilized in the wintertime for ice skating and snowshoeing adventures.
- 1,200 Acres of Pocono Mountains – Incredibly, Woodloch Resort began as just a small 12-acre getaway purchased by Harry and Mary Kiesendahl in 1958. We now own a seemingly never-ending forest in the tranquil Pocono Mountains. You can explore the area by hiking, golfing, zip lining, snowshoeing, and now forest bathing.
- Proximity to New York City – New York City and its 8.6 million residents are approximately two hours from Woodloch Resort. This lively city has more inhabitants than 39 states. That’s a lot of families in need of a well-deserved vacation. Don’t be afraid to plan a spontaneous, three-day weekend getaway to the Pocono Mountains!
- Inclusive Meal Plans – In order to become one of the best family resorts in the world, you must provide several dining experiences for all budgets. Our inclusive meal plans, which include three meals daily served family-style, are the least expensive option. Despite being an option for affordable family vacations, the meal plans include decadent items such as prime rib, jumbo butterfly shrimp, and Chilean sea bass.
- Luxurious Accommodations – While our guests don’t choose Woodloch Resort for our overnight accommodations, we’re immensely proud of our fleet of guest rooms, suites, and homes. Whether you’re looking for a standard, motel-style guest room or a spacious, two-level private house, you’ll always feel at home here in the Pocono Mountains.
- The Country Club at Woodloch Springs – We could go on for days, but at the end of the day we couldn’t keep Woodloch Springs, our beautiful, championship golf course off the list. Woodloch Springs is one of the finest courses in America, according to Golf Magazine.
Best Family Resorts
Winter is officially underway here in Hawley, PA, the perfect time of the year for affordable family vacations on the slopes, in the wilderness, or a relaxing, heated indoor pool. Start planning your next Poconos getaway today by visiting Woodloch.com, or give us a call at 1-800-966-3562 to book directly.