Folds of Honor Golf Classic 2018-05-10T21:56:07+00:00

Thank you for your support...

Join us Monday, July 9th, 2018 as we host our 5th annual Folds of Honor golf tournament. In 2017 we honored 2 individuals who sacrificed it all for us. It was a huge success!

Honoring our local heroes who have given the ultimate sacrifice…
Monday, July 9th, 2018 at 11:30am

 $145 per golfer includes golf fees, cocktail hour, dinner, and gift.

The Folds of Honor Foundation has rallied a nation to ensure no family is left behind in the fight to preserve American freedom. Through scholarships and other assistance, they give back to the spouses and children of soldiers killed or disabled in service to our country. We hope that by creating scholarships for children of our fallen we will continue to Honor them and their legacy will live on forever.

Of the one million-plus dependents adversely affected by deployments to Iraq and Afghanistan, nearly 9 out of 10 do not qualify for federal scholarship assistance. Folds of Honor seeks to meet this need by providing annual educational scholarships to the military families of those who have been killed or disabled while in active duty. These help support private education tuition, tutoring and educational summer camps for children K-12, as well as higher education tuition assistance for spouses and children. To date the Folds of Honor Golf Classic at Woodloch Springs has raised over $60,000 to support our local families including $30,000 in 2016 alone. Thank you for your support and may we never forget the 1% that protect the freedoms of the other 99%.

The Clubhouse at Woodloch Springs:

10:30am
Registration

11:30am
Shotgun Start
Captain & Crew Format

5:00-6:00pm
Cocktail Hour

6:00pm
Dinner and Awards

Join us as a golfer, sponsor, or diner!

2017 Honorees

Last year we honored the life of US Army Major Paul Clarke Voelke from Monroe-Woodbury who died in Mazar-i-Sharif while supporting Operation Enduring Freedom on June 22nd, 2012. He was assigned to the 1st Battalion, 30th Infantry Regiment, 2nd Heavy Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division, based at Fort Stewart, Georgia. Attending in honor of Paul are his wife, Traci Maultasch and his two sons, Andrew, and Benjamin as well as longtime Woodloch employee and brother of Paul, Tom Griffenkranz.

Special guest and honoree Sergeant Tim Lang. Lang was the turret gunner on a Humvee patrolling in Fallujah, Iraq, in October 2006, when his vehicle was hit by a roadside IED. His right leg was shattered and it was amputated below the knee. Sergeant Lang has taken his loss as a challenge and has excelled at numerous sports.
Tim’s wife, Sarah has been the cornerstone of his recovery during his long rehabilitation. In 2016, Tim and Sarah welcomed the newest addition of
their family, Silas Timothy Lang.FOH Honorees v2

2016 Honorees

In 2016 we honored the lives of 6 heroic servicemen from our local area who were killed in action in September 2005 in Ar Ramadi, Iraq. On Sept. 19 an IED claimed the life of SPC William Evans and on the 28th when a civilian bridge was in need of repair an M2A2 Bradley fighting vehicle came under attack by enemy forces using indirect fire, SSG Daniel Arnold, SSG George Pugliese, SGT Eric Slebodnik, SPC Lee Wiegand and PFC Oliver Brown perished. All were assigned to the Army National Guard’s 1st Battalion, 109th Infantry Regiment, 28th Infantry Division, New Milford, PA.

Your support is greatly appreciated as we continue to honor all who have given the ultimate sacrifice in our community.

God Bless America!

2015 Honoree

Staff Sgt. Paul A. Sweeney

A Special Forces communications sergeant assigned to Company A, 3rd Battalion, 3rd Special Forces Group (Airborne) at Fort Bragg, N.C.

He was killed Oct. 30, 2003 when his unit was ambushed while on patrol north of Musa, Qalax in Afghanistan.

Sweeney was a native of Lakeville, Pa., and joined the Army in July 1991.

Sweeney is survived by his wife, Kristen, and two sons, Ryan and Sean. His father, Thomas Sweeney, lives in Kissimmee, Fla., and his mother, Janet Bowen, resides in Lakeville, Pa.

Sweeney was posthumously awarded the Purple Heart.

2014 Honoree

Marine Lance Cpl. Jacob W. Beisel

21, of Lackawaxen, Pa.; assigned to the 3rd Battalion, 8th Marine Regiment, 2nd Marine Division, II Marine Expeditionary Force, Camp Lejeune, N.C.; died March 31 from wounds received while conducting combat operations in Anbar province, Iraq.

Beisel is survived by his mother, father and a younger sister.

Download the 2018 Folds of Honor Brochure (1MB)
Sponsorship Opportunities (1MB)

800.Woodloch Option #1

Contact Us

Subscribe to Our Mailing List

Stay up-to-date on everything new at Woodloch, plus get exclusive offers and incredible discounts on last minute getaways. Just fill out the form below!


Contact Us

Contact Us

Contact Us

Contact Us

Class Trips Request for Proposal

Contact Us

Contact Us

Special Diet Requests

Subscribe to our weekly dining emails