Like so many other businesses, Woodloch had closed temporarily on March 17th, 2020 with hopes to reopen May 22nd. We are trying hard to maintain the Woodloch spirit for our guests, staff and the entire community in an effort to spread light in a time of difficulty. Initiatives include the following:
On December 8, all Woodloch staff and their immediate family members were invited to attend a complimentary ride through the Festival of Lights, a holiday light display set to music that winds through the resort’s scenic nature trail.
On November 16, the Woodloch Family gifted each staff member with a turkey for Thanksgiving. 1,000 turkeys were given away!
- As part of its new program, “Goodwill Fridays,” the family resort will host charitable acts in the community every Friday during the crisis and beyond.
- Woodloch donated all of its available N95 respirator masks to the local community hospital, Wayne Memorial. Additionally, Woodloch’s very own bakery put together care packages that was distributed to hospital staff, local urgent care, and local EMS on Friday, April 17.
- Woodloch owns and operates a stand alone restaurant, The Boat House, in downtown Hawley, PA, and they have been providing a free weekly meal to PA state police officers from the nearby Blooming Grove station.
- Woodloch launched Woodloch at Home, brand-new online programming that gives users the chance to join in a wide array of Woodloch’s signature activities and games remotely through our website and social media channels. These include tried and true guest favorites include activities such as scavenger hunts, “Olympics,” game show and athletic contests, deejay-led dance parties and more. Additionally, users are welcome to explore classic Woodloch recipes, music, interviews, and more. This allows individual families to remain in the privacy of their own homes while staying connected digitally with Woodloch’s energetic staff.
- On March 21, The Woodloch Family gave each of its 950 hourly team members an extra week’s worth of wages to additionally compensate them during the first week of shutdown from March 16th – 22nd.
- On Friday, March 26th at The Inn at Woodloch, The Woodloch Family distributed small food packages to staff. Each package included an assortment of items such as pasta, rice, milk, eggs, fresh greens, sausage and cheese sticks. A second food drive for staff occurred on Friday, April 10. The second food drive’s packages included the following items: frozen chicken breasts, eggs, milk, orange juice, 50-oz soup cans, Easter candy, salad greens and herb bundles from our destination spa’s very own organic farm, Woodloch-made waffles and bakery items as well as toilet paper. In total, 800 packages have been distributed to staff members and another 300 were donated to local Pike and Wayne County food shelters.