Top 5 Summer Beach Activities at Lake Teedyuskung
The unofficial start of summer is rapidly approaching with Memorial Day weekend just around the corner. Every summer, families from across the East Coast flock to Woodloch Resort to spend several days swimming, splashing, and paddling in the sapphire blue water of Lake Teedyuskung. While your family will have the rare opportunity to participate in dozens of exciting homegrown activities here at one of the top-rated lake resorts in PA, you’ll likely want to spend as much time as possible in the soothing water of our private lake. And don’t forget to take a short break from Lake Teedyuskung to try out any or all of these five beach activities!
5 Summer Beach Activities at Woodloch Resort
If you take a glance at our daily activity sheet, you’ll quickly notice that you and your family can participate in a vast array of activities ranging from bumper boats to archery. But there’s nothing quite like water skiing, swimming, and sunbathing under the warm summer sun, which is why we compiled five free and easy beach activities to try this summer here at Woodloch, one of the best lake resorts in PA.
- Sand volleyball – Challenge another family or let the kids make new friends with a rousing match of sand volleyball along the edge of our private Lake Teedyuskung beach. Perhaps you have the next Kerri Walsh or Misty May in the family!
- Built a sandcastle – Build a sandcastle with the entire family, and let everyone’s imagination run wild! If you’re planning on creating something special, remember to bring along a starter sand-sculpting kit. Use moist sand found below the tide line, add water periodically, and start at the bottom to ensure that your castle doesn’t fall.
- Read a book – While the kids build a sandcastle, fly kites, and splash in the lake, dust off that summer beach read you’ve been dying to finish. For a list of the hottest beach reads, visit The Oprah Magazine’s website.
- Sunbathing – Woodloch Resort wouldn’t be one of premier lake resorts in PA if we didn’t provide parents with a fleet of ultra-comfortable chaise lounges along the edge of our exclusive beach. Whether you’re hoping to work on your tan or just aching to soak up the summer sun, there’s no better place than our kid-friendly, lakefront beach area.
- Fly a kite – The art of kite-flying is somewhat of a science as you’ll need ideal wind conditions to successfully fly a colorful kite. Most kites fly in light-to-medium winds, ranging from six to 15 miles per hour. The beach’s location along the northeast edge of Lake Teedyuskung is a quality spot for an afternoon of kite-flying!
Family-Friendly Lake Resorts in PA
Treat the whole family to the extended weekend getaway that they deserve this summer right here at Woodloch Resort. We’re not only one of the top-rated Pocono Mountains resorts, but our award-winning, family-friendly destination is within two hours of lively New York City! Your family can bond through a wide variety of homegrown activities, such as summer Olympics, Bakery Wars, and the Amazing Race. To learn more about a potential mid-summer Poconos getaway, please visit us online at Woodloch.com, or give us a call today at 1-800-966-3562.