10 Rainy Day Activities at Woodloch
Whether you’re visiting Woodloch Resort in the spring, summer, or fall, there’s always the potential for a rainy day. Other family resorts in PA may fear a thunderstorm rolling through town but not us! Our 1,200-acre resort has been thriving for over 60 years, so we’ve seen our fair share of rainy days. It didn’t take long to realize that we needed to create dozens of homegrown rainy day activities for families of all ages. Today, we offer everything from indoor bumper cars to art classes.
The Top 10 Rainy Day Activities at Woodloch Resort
On an average day, Woodloch Resort has over 30 homegrown activities available to all guests – and that doesn’t change on a rainy day! Our talented activity planners have become self-trained meteorologists over the years. If rain is in the forecast, they’ll effortlessly rearrange a day filled with rainy day activities such as cooking classes, arcade games, and bingo. So, without further ado, here are ten of our favorite rainy day activities in the Pocono Mountains.
- Indoor Splash Zone – While the Indoor Splash Zone is geared toward the kiddos, this unique water-filled play area is the perfect mid-day activity for those looking to have fun splashing around in gallons of gushing water.
- Bakery Wars – Teams of 10-12 self-proclaimed culinary geniuses will utilize each other’s strengths to create innovative, colorful, and delicious cakes!
- Bumper cars – Our seven-vehicle bumper car facility is home to one of our most popular rainy day activities. You’ll likely hear laughter, shrieks, and cool jams echoing through the hallways upon arrival.
- Ice skating – There’s never an off-season for ice skating at Woodloch Resort as our synthetic, four-season ice rink allows future hockey stars to “lace ‘em up,” even on a rainy day.
- Woodloch Feud – Woodloch Feud is equally amusing and challenging, as your team of ten must duel another family or group for a chance at “fast money.”
- Swimming – We have several indoor swimming areas scattered throughout our two Pocono Mountains resorts, including the Woodloch Springs Sports Complex and several kiddie splash pools.
- Escape rooms – We’re continuously enhancing the experience here in Hawley, PA, and we recently created multiple on-site escape rooms for those who are 13-years-old and up. Escape the Force, a Star Wars-themed room, is the latest crowd-pleaser here at Woodloch Resort.
- Mini bowling – The unique sport of mini bowling is much more manageable for youngsters than traditional bowling, but that doesn’t mean that the whole family cannot partake in the miniature fun!
- Art classes – We gladly collaborate with the area’s best art teachers to provide a wide variety of classes, including painting, drawing, and sculpting. Take home the finished product and hang it on the fridge!
- Shooting Barn – Woodloch’s safe and exciting Shooting Barn is the perfect place to wait out the rain. A trained staff member will be there every step of the way for your kids.
Nationally-Ranked Family Resorts in PA
We hope that this list of rainy day activities gives you a sense of what’s available on an average afternoon here at Woodloch Resort. When the weather is cooperating, you and your kids can soak up the sun in a wide variety of ways, including water skiing, summer Olympics, go-karting, and rock climbing. To book a well-deserved family getaway from New York City, please visit our extensive website, or give us a call at 1-800-966-3562.