Keep up-to-date with all things Woodloch on our blog featuring exclusive recipes, heartwarming stories, lifestyle content, contests and more.
Create a Bucket List of Winter Activities in the Poconos
There is nothing better than waking up and seeing the ground covered by a fresh blanket of snow. For anyone who loves spending as much time in the snow as possible or enjoying quintessential winter activities, there’s no better place to visit than Woodloch. Once the temperatures start to cool, we work to bring our guests endless winter activities at our premier family resort in the Poconos.
A List of 7 Things to Do in the Poconos in the Winter
Our Poconos resort is found in the charming town of Hawley. During the winter, average daily highs sit around the mid-30s, and snow accumulation can really add up. These conditions mean you and your family can get out and enjoy some of the best things to do during the winter. One of the huge perks of making our Poconos resort your winter home base is we have snow-making equipment. This means that if Mother Nature isn’t on her game, you don’t have to worry about a lack of snow impacting your adventures.
- See who can fly down the snow tubing hill the fastest. Our lakefront area is transformed into a winter wonderland, perfect for this classic activity. We even host several snow-tubing contests.
- Stop by the Skate shop to rent snowshoes and set off exploring the snow-covered grounds. Be sure to bundle up so you can spend as much time outside as you want!
- If your family is competitive, sign up for our Winter Olympics. The relay-style events are designed for all ages, which means everyone can join in on the fun.
- Venture away from Woodloch to visit Ski Big Bear. With 18 trails, seven lifts, and three Magic Carpet lifts, this Pennsylvania ski mountain is a go-to place for winter fun.
- Go for a magical ride on The Stourbridge Line. There are several seasonal outings to choose from, including the Santa Christmas Tree Express and Pocono Winter Wonderland Express.
- See if you can wow the judges during winter-themed Bakery Wars. Don’t forget to incorporate the secret ingredient as you battle the clock to bring your masterpiece to life.
- Bundle up and fill a thermos with hot chocolate, then set off to take in the annual Festival of Lights. Offered Thanksgiving through New Years, the half-mile trail features colorful displays you can experience from the comfort of a wagon ride.
For even more winter fun, check our tentative activity schedule.
Plan Your Snowy Getaway to Woodloch
With endless winter activities to enjoy in the Poconos, you never have to worry about hearing someone say they’re bored during your stay at Woodloch. Start planning your visit by looking into our incredible all-inclusive experience and availability. If you need help reserving your stay, our helpful and experienced team is here for you! Call 570-685-8000 to speak with someone today.