Keep up-to-date with all things Woodloch on our blog featuring exclusive recipes, heartwarming stories, lifestyle content, contests and more.
Woodloch-Style Kids’ Night Out: Fun After-Dark Activities
We’re rapidly approaching Jack Frost’s inevitable arrival here at Woodloch, the country’s most beloved family resort. Soon enough, the Pocono Mountains will shed its autumn skin, and winter will subtly greet the land with fresh powder, crystalline hoarfrost, and oodles of holiday spirit. The fun never ceases at Woodloch, even in the heart of winter. And the midwinter savings are impossible to ignore, especially if you’re looking for a discounted midweek stay. Once the sun dips behind frozen Lake Teedyuskung, droves of families flock indoors for a warm family-style meal and some live, late-night entertainment. However, there are several other after-dark activities if the family feels the need to explore our massive indoor complex, including movies, games, crafts, and more. It’s the kids’ night out that your little ones never knew they needed!
A Kids’ Night Out in the Pocono Mountains
Every kiddo is different. It’s not easy to find an after-dark activity that everyone can agree upon. Thankfully, Woodloch’s all-inclusive packages allow the whole gang to find suitable activities that will leave a lasting impression on your long-awaited escape. We’ve pieced together unique nighttime pursuits that will assuredly lead to wide smiles during your next Woodloch-themed kids’ night out.
- Live entertainment – You don’t want to miss the night’s entertainment, ranging from themed shows to magicians and comedians.
- Horse races – Win prizes by selecting the victorious “steed.” These wooden horses may run at a snail’s pace, but the lively atmosphere is palpable.
- Woodloch Forest – Get “lost” in Woodloch’s indoor playground forest or play arcade-style games nearby.
- York Room movies – Grab some popcorn, find a seat, and let the movie magic begin! The York Room shows two movies nightly, ranging from Pixar hits to Marvel blockbusters.
- Ice skating – Lace up your skates and hit the ice inside our four-season rink. The 9,000-square-foot synthetic surface is an idyllic place to learn how to skate.
- Arts and crafts – If the littlest ones still have some energy after dinner, slip into the arts and crafts room. Sit back, relax, and watch their creativity soar!
- Arcade bunker – Hours upon hours of gaming awaits inside Woodloch’s “bunker,” home to various pinball machines, racing games, classic arcade systems, pool, and ping pong.
- Trivia contests – It’s always trivia night here in the Poconos. We take a wide variety of traditional trivia contests, such as Cash Cab, Name That Tune, Family Feud, and put a Woodloch spin on them.
- Silent DJ party – Woodloch’s staff-led, three-DJ silent party is a hit! There are enough headphones for everyone, including Mom and Dad. It’s the perfect exclamation point to a long-awaited kids’ night out.
Award-Winning, All-Inclusive Family Resorts
Hopefully, these 9 late-night activities give you a “taste” of what a Woodloch-style kids’ night out could look and feel like. Don’t forget that the Woodloch experience is all-inclusive, as all meals, accommodations, and (most) activities are included in the packaged price. We highly recommend keeping your eyes peeled for money-saving specials, especially during the cozy wintertime season. When the sun’s shining, the whole family can partake in dozens of homegrown activities, such as the Winter Olympics, snow tubing, and ice skating on Lake Teedyuskung. Please check availability online at your earliest convenience by clicking the “Book Now” button on the top right corner of your screen.